With Christmas being just around the corner and the launch of the official Cruise Mens Gift Guide and Womens Gift Guide, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to put together my own ‘wishlist’.
Now I love buying gifts for people and to me, trailing through store after store is my idea of heaven. I just love the idea of putting time and effort into finding the perfect gift for my loved ones and it’s more fun for me than a headache. I could literally shop for hours.
However, I am aware that not everybody loves shopping as much as I do and when it comes to buying for your partner you may not always have the patience or time to shop for the perfect present. This is where my ‘wishlist’ will come in perfectly, and this isn’t just about the girls but it’s also one for the guys too! And if you both love fashion as much as each other you will love what Cruise have on offer. With an extensive range and hundreds and hundreds of items and designers stocked you literally can’t go wrong.
So lets start with my picks and tips for the man in your life. Ladies, it’s time to go shopping…
1. I don’t think, personally, that you can go wrong with a nice coat for a guy. Something that’s versatile and can be worn on many occasions as well as being able to keep them warm and looking smart. My advice is keep it simple in terms of colour and style and stick with blacks, navy, greys and maybe a nice light colour so that it’s not so ‘out there’. Look at it as an investment piece something which can be worn again and again.
One of my favourite types of coat which I think suits most if not all guys is a traditional bomber jacket.
With so many colours & designers to pick from, I've selected 3 of my favourites from Moncler, Versace Collection & Dolce & Gabbana.
2. It doesn’t have to be all about the extravagance and luxury, and if you’re wanting to keep it simple you could always go for a nice t-shirt which can be worn with some nice smart jeans over the Christmas and New Year period. Again I don’t think you can go wrong with a nice polo or round neck tee and designer brand Kenzo never fail in my eyes. As soon as you see the Tiger logo you know what it is and you can be sure of excellent quality.
I love the Tiger Logo Polo Shirt in black finished with the iconic tiger face and capped sleeves. If this isn't his colour, don't worry it's also available in white, grey & navy.
3. My next pick is a nice leather wallet. Ok, so not all guys like carrying these but it’s better than them carrying their money and cards in their jeans or jacket pocket where they’re more likely to lose it, right? As long as you keep it simple you can’t fail. This is why I fell in love with this leather Dolce and Gabbana wallet which is all black with a small silver logo on the corner. Again, it’s an investment and something that he’s going to love and can always use.
4. Another gift I swear by is a nice, casual hooded sweatshirt. You can’t go wrong with this as it’s versatile and comfortable and can be worn all the time. One of my favourite brands for hoodies is Polo Ralph Lauren and they are extremely well priced and fit really good. I love this black version with the red logo for that pop of colour and zip for easy fastening.
5. My last pick for the guys is underwear - simple and fool proof you can’t fail with this gift. And there’s loads of brands available to choose from. Now some guys these days like to show the branded waist brand when they’re wearing they’re trousers slightly lower than the waist line so why not show that off but with some quality underwear. You can’t go wrong with this 3 pack of trunks from Boss Black. Available in single colours or a mixed pack of grey, black and white in one set. These are perfect to have as that extra little gift or stocking filler.
These are my top 5 picks for the guys and things that I’m loving right now from male fashion brands. Remember there are so many brands available from Cruise and if you’re not close to a store you can still shop online so you won’t miss out.
Next I’ll have one for the guys as I share my top 5 picks on how you can find the perfect gift for the lady in your life, so be sure to keep you eyes peeled!
If you want to see more from our guest blogger Natalie Ayse, be sure to check out her blog for more fashion & beauty posts.