If you're not already in the holiday spirit, then you sure will be once you've tried this refreshing smoothie recipe!
Full of antioxidants, vibrant colours and even a secret little veggie, the Mango & Goji Berry Smoothie is ideal for breakfast or for taking on the go.
The combination of mango and goji berry may seem like a strange one, but trust us the two really compliment each other. This recipe doesn't include it, however we suggest adding a beetroot to get the colour that little bit brighter - you'd never guess it was there if you didn't make it yourself!
Don't forget the added bonus of this recipe - it's super easy to make!
What You'll Need
• 1 (about 1 1/2 cups) fresh or frozen mango, peeled + roughly chopped
• 3/4 cup fresh orange juice + 1-2 teaspoons orange zest
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
• 1 ripe banana, frozen if possible
• 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk, more if needed
• 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
• 1/3 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
• 2 tablespoons goji berries
• 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a blender, combine the mango chunks, 1/2 cup orange juice and the orange zest. Add half of the banana. Blend until smooth, adding more orange juice if needed. Once smooth, add the chia seeds and blend until just mixed. Careful you don't want to grind the chia seeds into the drink. Pour the mango smoothie into a glass measuring cup.
In the same blender (no need to clean it), add the remaining banana half, raspberries, strawberries, goji berries, ginger and vanilla. Add the almond or coconut milk and blend until smooth, adding more milk if needed.
Pour the red smoothie into two glasses. Pour the mango smoothie over top of the the raspberry-goji smoothie and use a long spoon to mix them together - just a little.
For more healthy and tasty recipes, take a look at Half Baked Harvest.