It’s that time of year when people’s thoughts switch to losing weight, whether it’s down to a New Year’s Resolution, or just a result over an over indulgence of the festive period. However it’s also a time when people are just trying to keep warm, weather that’s in the office during the day, or snuggled up on the couch on the evening. If that sounds like you then we have the perfect solution…….A Teatox.
They’ve been a big trend on social media these last few weeks, although the concept of using teas for health is not new. Therapeutic teas have been used to influence health and well-being for centuries. The number of medicinal options available within the realm of herbal tea constitutes a natural pharmacy; getting specific health results is simply a matter of putting the right tea into your cup.
And whilst fruit and vegetable juices provide impressive amounts of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, teas made from a wide range of botanical substances can offer even more and without all the sugars that the juices often contain.
Here are some of the most popular tea brands.
ThinTea’s objective is simple - they want everyone to be happy in their own body. That’s why they spent months developing the optimal formula to help your body lose weight in a healthy way. Then they sourced the highest quality and most effective ingredients to make sure their products get you the results you desire. The blends actually help your body do its work, bringing it to an alkaline state and detoxifying it to leave it in prime condition to burn fat naturally.
The Australian company are keen to stress that ThinTea is not an extreme diet or quick fix, and also importantly it does not contain laxatives like many other ‘skinny teas’ do.
As with a lot of these teas they come with two blends:
* The Alkalise and Detox Blend: This alkalises your body to enhance nutrient absorption and includes Organic Fennel Seed, Organic Nettle Leaf, Marshmallow Leaf, Organic Juniper Berry, Organic Dandelion Root, Organic Rose Petal.
* The Fat Burn Blend: This blend speeds up metabolism, suppresses appetite and helps your body burn calories faster and includes Organic Peppermint, Olive Leaf, Dandelion Leaf, Hawthorn Leaf & Flower, Coleus Root, Organic Apple, Organic Cinnamon, Ginger Root.
For further information please head to thintea.com.au
At Bootea, they like to encourage each and every person to feel good about themselves. They feel that today’s magazines & media have distorted what beauty is and created an impossible stereotype. They’re all about promoting a healthy body image (and this does not mean super skinny) among people of all shapes, sizes and ages. In doing so we hope to assist the overall health and wellbeing of their customers by spreading messages and information regarding nutrition and exercise. The aim is to make a better you, for you, and that’s all that matters. We’re trying really hard not to use the phrase Boo-Tea-Ful.
Bootea is actually based in the UK, and as with the other brands they never promote or encourage their customers to go on a 'diet' as they believe that healthy eating is a lifestyle and not a short term fix.
Again as with the previous brand they offer two types of tea that can be used over either a 14 or 28 day plan:
* Daytime Detox - This blend contains caffeine as well as a bunch of other natural stimulants which should leave you feeling motivated to reach your fitness goals.
* Bedtime Tea Bags - These tea bags do not contain caffeine so you needn’t worry about staying up all night. It is however important to note this blend will most likely induce a laxative effect. The effect of the laxative is usually induced 8 hours after consumption.
For further information please head to bootea.com
Skinny Tea is another Australian company and although it doesn't call their tea a teatox their premise is the same at the others, and that is to be a 100% natural tea program that promotes good health and weight loss. Made from a specially selected blend of antioxidant rich and high quality goji berries, herbs & teas, Skinny Tea Detox Tea is designed to cleanse, detoxify & promote wellness. Skinny Tea Detox Tea should have you feeling energised & invigorated while complementing your hard earned effort to achieve a healthy lifestyle & see results.
Again there are 2 options for you to have which can be in a 14 or 28 day form:
* Boost (Morning Tea) - A special blend of thermogenic boosting natural ingredients containing antioxidant rich goji berries, herbs & teas designed to kickstart & increase your energy consumption levels the moment the day begins.
* Cleanse (Evening Tea) - Utilising a powerful singular all-natural ingredient sourced from the tropics, Cleanse Evening Tea is designed to provide an effective inner cleanse & detox of the digestive system & bowel while you sleep.
For further information please head to skinnytea.com
Love Skinny Tea
At The Love Skinny Tea Co (not to be confused with the previous brand), they hope to inspire, motivate and transform your life for the better. Their vision is to promote a balanced and healthy lifestyle to our customers by spreading healthy messages around nutrition, exercise and general wellbeing. Their mantra is "Don't change your body because you hate it, love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle".
The 2 options available from this UK brand are as follows:
* AM - AM fat burning tea, is to be sipped on a morning, preferably when you first wake up. This is going to give you bag full of energy, put a spring in your step, suppress your appetite and help flush out un-wanted toxins from your body. It is full of antioxidants so after a few days you will start to fell brighter, healthier and cellulite will start to diminish.
* PM - This is the super cleanse tea, it is so potent you only need to drink one cup of this bad boy before bed, every second night. It is full to the brim of detoxifying and colon cleansing ingredients. You will feel so much lighter in the morning literally.
Again they do not promote or encourage their customers to go on a diet as they believe that healthy eating is a lifestyle and not a short term fix. The aim is to provide a positive community to help support their customers in reaching their health goals. Being healthy isn't a fad or a craze - it's a way of life.
For further information please head to loveskinnytea.com
Of course all these brands are in agreement that in order to get the preferred results the teas need to be incorporated into a lifestyle that ideally includes doing 30 minutes of daily exercise, drinking 2 to 3 litres of water per day, and getting at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Following all that should keep you looking slim and feeling great long after you’ve completed the detox and get your 2016 off on the right note.