Keep warm on these wintery nights with a rich yet fruity raspberry hot chocolate. If you're looking for a warming cocktail alternative before the festive season begins then why not start with this indulgent drink.
Laced with fruity Chambord liquor this chocolate offering is strictly just for adults, giving us grown ups a trip down memory lane but with a sugary buzz. This little cup of heaven is the perfect winter warmer during the colder months.
What You'll Need:
• 10 ounces milk chocolate chips
• 11/2 cup whole milk
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• Chambord, to taste (plus another 1/3 cup for reducing)
• Whipped cream and raspberries to finish
1. Add everything but the Chambord, whipped cream, and raspberries to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally until the chocolate completely melts.
2. Once the chocolate melts, continue to cook, but stir more frequently. The mixture should thicken a bit and all of the chunks should dissolve. After 5-10 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
3. As the mixture cools, add ⅓ cup of Chambord to another small pan. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes, until the Chambord has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Pour the hot chocolate into little mugs (keep servings small as the mixture is extremely rich), add Chambord to taste, and top with whipped cream. Drizzle with the Chambord reduction and top with a few raspberries.
Find this and more great recipes at www.hostthetoast.com