Tropically sweet and satisfying, and easy to make, this Coconut Mango Lollies recipe is ideal for providing a boost to those of us still trying to hold on to the dying embers of what was our so-called summer.
Mango and coconut are two very distinct fruits. Both conjure up visions of beaches, sun, sea, and far away places, and for the 5 or 10 minutes you eat them you can take a mini holiday.
They also aren’t two flavours you wouldn’t normally put together, however they balance each other out incredibly well. They taste so sweet and creamy, that there’s absolutely nothing about them that seems healthy, but they are in fact low in calories.
Coconut Mango Lollies Recipe
Yield: 10 Lollies
• 2 1/2 cups mango chunks, fresh or frozen
• 1/2 cup pineapple juice
• 1 cup canned coconut milk
• 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, or desired sweetener
• 2 Tbsp low-fat yogurt
• 2 Tbsp water
1. In a blender or food processor, puree mango chunks and pineapple juice until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine coconut milk, sugar, yogurt, and water. Stir until homogenous.
3. Pour 2 Tbsp of mango puree into each lolly mold. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until almost solid.
4. Remove mold from freezer, add 1 Tbsp coconut puree to molds. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp mango puree. Insert wooden sticks into lolly mold. Freeze for another 10 minutes. Pour remaining coconut puree into molds until liquid reaches the top of the mold.
5. Return mold in the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours to fully set.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to thelittleepicurean.com