Today is World Chocolate Day, and so to celebrate we’ve found a delicious Double Chocolate Pancakes recipe.
Chocolate has become one of the most popular food types and flavours in the world. Whether it takes the form of a food or a drink, or whether it’s for comfort or as a present chocolate take all sorts of forms.
Chocolate is made from cocoa beans, the dried and partially fermented seeds of the cacao tree, a small evergreen tree native to the deep tropical region of the Americas. Roughly two-thirds of the entire world's cocoa is produced in West Africa, with 43% sourced from Côte d'Ivoire, and according to the World Cocoa Foundation, some 50 million people around the world depend on cocoa as a source of livelihood.
Several types of chocolate can be distinguished. Pure, unsweetened chocolate contains primarily cocoa solids and cocoa butter in varying proportions. Much of the chocolate consumed today is in the form of sweet chocolate, combining chocolate with sugar. Milk chocolate is sweet chocolate that additionally contains milk powder or condensed milk.
The health effects of chocolate refer to the possible beneficial or detrimental physiological effects of eating chocolate mainly for pleasure. For example, cocoa and dark chocolate may support cardiovascular health. Other effects under preliminary research include reduced risks of cancer, coughing and heart disease.
Double Chocolate Pancakes Recipe
• 1 large egg
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 cup milk
• ¼ cup sunflower oil
• 1 and ⅓ cups flour
• 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup chocolate chips
• ¼ cup raspberries for garnish
• ½ cup heavy cream
• 4 oz chocolate chips
1. Start with making chocolate ganache so that it cools down until you finish frying pancakes. Bring heavy cream to a simmer in a saucepan stirring occasionally. Remove from heat once it simmers. Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then whisk them well until it turns into a smooth and silky ganache. Wait it until it reaches room temperature before pouring it over pancakes.
2. To make pancakes, in a medium bowl whisk together egg and sugar until creamy. Add in milk and sunflower oil, whisk until combined well.
3. In another bowl whisk dry ingredients and sift it into the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined well. IT will be a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Heat a pan over medium heat and either spread a little butter over it or brush with a little sunflower oil. Scoop the batter onto the pan using a ¼ cup for each pancake. Cook until you see bubbles on the top, for about 1 minute or so. Flip them over and cook for another 1 minute. Repeat this until you finish the batter.
5. Stack the pancakes on a plate and pour chocolate ganache over them. Let the chocolate flow down. Wait for 2-3 minutes so that the ganache sets a bit and then top with raspberries. Serve immediately.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to giverecipe.com