With an upturn in the weather, and a bank holiday looming It seems only right that we find a recipe for a cocktail. Maximum taste and hugely refreshing it doesn’t matter where you’re spending your extra time off so long as you have a Grapefruit-Lime Cocktail with Ginger & Rosemary.
The secret is all in the ginger and rosemery syrup. It’s a syrup that you can prepare in advance and keep in the fridge for a week, so you’ll have it on hand, whenever you feel like having a drink.
And don't worry if you’re not a fan of super sweet cocktails, unless that’s because of the actual sweetness of the fruit. This recipe uses honey or unrefined cane sugar, which adds a hint of caramel to the flavour.
Also don't be disheartened if you are not an alcohol drinker, or you aren’t able to drink, because this is just as delicious in a mocktail version - simply omit white rum or replace it with sparkling water and you got yourself an everyday treat!
Grapefruit-Lime Cocktail with Ginger & Rosemary Recipe
Serves 4 – Total Time 30 Mins
Ginger and rosemary syrup
1. - big chunk of ginger (~30g)
2. - 10 small rosemary stems (~10g)
3. - 4 TBSP honey
1. - 2 cups freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
2. - 1 cup lime juice
3. - 1 cup ginger and rosemary syrup
4. - 1/2 - 3/4 cup white rum
5. - abundance of crushed ice
1. - 4 stems of rosemary
2. - a slice of pink grapefruit, cut in quarters
1. Ginger and rosemary syrup: Cut ginger in thin slices and vigorously roll rosemary between your hands. Place them in a small saucepan and add 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil, then remove from heat and leave to steep for 20 minutes.
2. After 20 minutes add honey. 3. Grapefruit-Lime Cocktail: Pour grapefruit and lime juices in 4 glasses. Add ice, almost to the top of the glass. Pour over the ginger and rosemary syrup, and white rum.
4. Decorate with stems of rosemary and slices of grapefruit.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to useyournoodles.eu