Next week is National Picnic Week, which has an aim to provide people with the ideal opportunity to get together over a picnic with advice, tips, recipes and information to make sure everything from the food and drink to the location and surroundings are spot on.
Picnicking is one of the UK’s most enjoyable summer traditions, and is a great way of taking advantage of any open spaces in your local area over the warmer months of the year.
With that said there seems to be 2 staples of the traditional picnic - Sandwiches and Salads. So with that said here is a tasty, and not to mention healthy Grapefruit, Salmon, & Avocado Salad Recipe.
* 2 Skinless wild salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
* Coarse salt + fresh ground black pepper
* 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
* 2 Scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
* 1 Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and sliced
* 1 Avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, & sliced
* 2 Cups trimmed mixed tender greens
* Lime wedges, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season the salmon with the salt and paper and place in a baking dish.
3. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with 1 of the sliced scallions.
4. Roast until partially opaque in the middle, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly, then break the salmon up into large pieces.
6. Place the salmon on a serving dish and top with remaining scallion, the grapefruit, avocado, and greens.
7. Drizzle with the olive oil and lime, and top with more salt and pepper.
8. Serve immediately.
For this and more great recipes please head on over to adventures-in-cooking.com, and for more information on National Picnic Week please visit nationalpicnicweek.co.uk