Why not wow your loved one, or just simply entertain yourself this Valentine’s Day with the Love Potion #9 Martini. With it’s steamy hot smouldering look, and drop dead gorgeous taste you could say it’s the idea recipe for love.
After all who doesn’t love cocktails and who doesn’t love strawberries?, and with the stunning smokey dry ice this is legitimately one of the recipes that actually looks as good as it tastes.
DISCLAIMER: You cannot drink the dry ice! Dry Ice is super simple to use in cocktails like this, but proper handling is very important. You do not want to actually swallow the dry ice, so you use really small chunks and make sure they’re at the bottom of your drink and fully dissolved before sipping. It takes about 5-10 minutes for a small piece to dissolve. Do not ingest the cubes! Once they dissolve your drink will be oh so cold and fabulous! If you are unsure of any handling of the dry ice the please Google it. Dry ice is super fun and cute, but make sure you handle it correctly!
Love Potion #9 Martini Recipe
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) strawberry vodka
- 3 ounces (2 shot glasses) Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 small chunks dry ice (optional)
- 2 strawberries cut into hearts, for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, and Chambord. Shake to combine.
- Place 1 chunk dry ice into the bottom of each glass.
- Pour the martini over the a very small piece of dry ice.
- Garnish with skewered strawberry hearts if desired.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the dry ice to dissolve (and enjoy the fun show!) before drinking.
NOTE: DO NOT ingest the dry ice cubes. wait until they have dissolved before sipping.
For this and more great recipes please head on over thecookierookie.com